Here are some things that others have said about us over the years
- Hearing the surf crashing on the beach while in bed is pretty awesome.
- Surf Side is a lovely little getaway of small houses that are lovingly maintained, and attentively managed. The national seashore (beach) is a short walk away for a walk with my thermos of coffee in the morning, and I finish the day among the treetops on the roof deck. It's quiet but not isolated, and the best week of the year for me.
- This cottage is perfect for enjoying the Cape Cod National Seashore in a super relaxed manner. Instead of packing up all you need for an entire day at the beach only to arrive at a full parking lot, this place lets you walk down to, what i think is the most gorgeous ocean beach on the Outer Cape in only 2 minutes
- If your idea of a vacation centers around being a few hundred yards away from a great Cape Cod beach which is a short walk through a wooded path, in a 1950's style summer cottage, all essential items in the cottage, not fancy, lots of character, great outdoor shower (indoor also) located at a National Seashore, on what must be one of America's most scenic roads, then this place is for you.
- Wellfleet is just heaven. It is friendly and down to earth. There is more to do than one is able. Every outside activity is available. Just about every entertainment is there as well, much of it at no cost. We biked, hiked, jumped waves, mini-golfed, saw indoor and outdoor theatre and more. The cottage was perfect. It is simple and clean. Steps away from the beach. A short walk from three wonderful bakeries. Lots of great dining and farmer's market options. It is just off the main road so, very quiet. We walked back to the beach each night to view the stars. A perfect cottage and a fabulous vacation.
- Having been a visitor to the Cape for 45 years, I found Surf Side Cottages in Wellfleet on Cape Cod to offer one of the best vacation opportunities. Not only is it within walking distance to the National Seashore, it is minutes from the 3 freshwater kettle ponds; perfect for vacationers with small children, hiking, bike riding, and dining, art galleries, and shopping. All of the Surf Side cottages are charming, extremely clean, and in good condition. One of the best "amenities" included with the Surf Side Cottages are the managers, Lisa and Armand, who are able to make a vacation a special event. They are friendly, reachable at a moment’s notice, provide a safe environment, and as longtime residents of Wellfleet, are able to provide invaluable "tourist information." It was very hard to leave, and we are already looking forward to next year!
- If you are looking to stay on the Cape and you want a true Cape Cod experience, truly look no further.
- I have decided that Surf Side Cottages in Wellfleet, MA is the only place we will stay when visiting the Cape. If it is not available…we stay home!
- We enjoyed our stay, especially the proximity to the beach. Whenever the mood struck, it was just a short stroll to check out the waves. We even saw whales spouting offshore on the last morning!
- Armand and Lisa have insured that, despite the changes in the world, Surf Side remains a Cape Cod dream from several decades back. - Marco Werman, Radio personality
- 25 plus years at Surf Side. It is as my daughter says her 'happy place'. Mine too!
- Wellfleet is the best place on Cape, hand's down. I've always wanted to vacation here and it was everything I expected in terms of the perfect Cape Cod vacation. The ocean and bayside beaches, the weather, the sand, the quiet. Falling asleep to the crash of distant waves, the smell of the ocean.
From Travel Websites
If we were judging beach towns solely on variety of and quality of beach, Wellfleet would earn top honors.– Yankee Magazine, 25 Best Beach Towns
Nothing separates them from the ocean except other Surf Side Cottages and scrub pines.– Cape Cod, Martha’s Vineyard & Nantucket: An Explorer’s Guide (by Kim Grant)
This is where you want to be.– Frommer’s Guide to Cape Cod, review of Surf Side Cottages
Geographically, the cottage was a convenient as it was comfortable. Walk 5 minutes and [you are] ankle deep in the Atlantic.– The Boston Globe
In Wellfleet, The Surf Side Cottages make travelers feel like residents.– Travel & Leisure Magazine
This quiet neighborhood with scrub pines and sandy streets is a throwback to family vacations past.– concierge.com Conde Nast Travel